REALTORS® are different from others who hold a real estate license. REALTORS® voluntarily pledge to abide by a strict code of professional conduct above and beyond the licensing laws of the state. This conduct is outlined in the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) Code of Ethics.
- View the Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice of the National Association of REALTORS®; or
- Learn more by visiting the NAR website.
All REALTORS® are required to complete at least 2½ hours of Code of Ethics (COE) training each 3-year cycle, or within 60 days of joining your brokerage for new members. The training must meet specific learning objectives and criteria established by the National Association of REALTORS®. The course may be taken in a classroom setting or online. The current cycle ends December 31, 2021.
Existing members and our new members, may use one of the following options to comply:
- Anchorage Board of REALTORS® offers a monthly 3-hour REALTOR® Code of Ethics Class which gives you 2 DCE and 1 ECE credits toward your real estate license renewal (Course #18234). Register for our next class by visiting our events calendar.
- The National Association of REALTORS® offers an online course for free. Visit: realtor/code-of-ethics-training to take the online course today.
When you complete the National Association of REALTORS® online course, the Anchorage Board of REALTORS® offers 2 ECE education credits that may be used toward your Alaska real estate license renewal. To request the certificate, send a copy of your online course certificate of completion to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Current members must complete the COE requirement no later than December 31, 2021. Complete this today using one of these options:
- Complete the online standard course for free; 2 ECE credits offered to ABR members when you send us your certificate of online completion.
- Visit our events calendar to register for our monthly class, which offers 2 DCE and 1 ECE credits to our ABR members for free.
- Earn your C2EX endorsement and it will fulfill the training requirement for existing members. Learn more about C2EX.
This needs to be completed within the first 60-days of joining us and fulfills the requirement for the current 3-year cycle.