REALTORS® are different from others who hold a real estate license. REALTORS® voluntarily pledge to abide by a strict code of professional conduct above and beyond the licensing laws of the state. This conduct is outlined in the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) Code of Ethics.
- View the Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice of the National Association of REALTORS®; or
- Learn more by visiting the NAR website.
All REALTORS® are required to complete at least 2½ hours of REALTOR® Code of Ethics (COE) training each 3-year cycle. We are currently in Cycle 7 which ends December 31, 2024.
New members joining us must complete the training within 60-days of joining a brokerage. Once the new member course is complete, you will not need to complete additional REALTOR® COE training until the next 3-year cycle; Cycle 8.
REALTOR® COE training must meet specific learning objectives and criteria established by the National Association of REALTORS® and must be approved by the Anchorage Board of REALTORS®. Many courses offered by 3rd-party providers are not approved for the REALTOR® Code of Ethics training requirement. Send us an email to confirm the class you plan to attend or teach meets our requirements.
The following education courses are approved by ABR for Cycle 7:
- 18234 Realtor Code of Ethics
- 2404 Ethical Decision Making
- C2932 for Existing REALTORS® Online NAR courses offered below
- C2931 for New REALTORS® Online NAR courses offered below
When you complete one of the online NAR courses below, the Anchorage Board of REALTORS® offers 2 ECE education credits that may be used toward your Alaska real estate license renewal. To request the certificate, send a copy of your online course certificate of completion to: email@example.com
Current members must complete the COE Cycle 7 requirement no later than December 31, 2024. Complete this today using one of these options:
- Complete the online standard course for free; 2 ECE credits offered to ABR members when you send us your certificate of online completion to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit our events calendar to register for our next class, which offers 1 DCE and 2 ECE credits to our ABR members for free.
- Earn your C2EX endorsement and it will fulfill the training requirement for existing members. Learn more about C2EX.
First time or members rejoining ABR, need to be complete the REALTOR® COE course within 60-days of joining a brokerage. You will not need to take the course again until the next 3-year cycle.
- Complete the New Member COE Course online; 2 ECE credits offered to ABR members when you send us your certificate of online completion to email@example.com.
- Visit our events calendar to register for our next class, which offers 1 DCE and 2 ECE credits to our new members.